When faced with leftover bread that’s gone stale and no longer good enough to eat on its own, one must not worry! The easiest thing you can do is turn it into croutons which no doubt will be better than anything you can buy at the store.
You can customize your own flavor and season as much or as little as you like to get the exact flavor you want. If you have 20 minutes, you can make these in time to serve with your dinner salad. Easy peasy, done and done. Use to garnish your salad or soup of choice!
- Bread (leftover baguettes work fantastic)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Seasoning of choice (herbs de provence, garlic, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Slice the bread into ½ inch cubes
- Toss in a bowl with the olive oil until the bread is well coated
- Sprinkle in your seasoning and a few pinches of salt, continue to mix until the bread is well coated
- Spread the croutons on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, ensuring to mix and turn at least twice so the croutons get an even color on all sides.